Thursday, April 5, 2007

Good French Wine

There are few things that improve life more than a glass of good French wine. My favorites have an earthy, old world character that is hard to find anywhere else. I'm not a wine expert but I've spent the last few years exploring the world of wine looking for bottles that truly feel like drinking bottled sunshine. Here are a couple that I highly recommend trying. If you like them, let me know and I'll make a habit of posting more that you'll probably like just as much!

  • 2003 Roger Sabon Chateaneuf Du Pape Prestige - ~$70. Tastes like France! One of my favorites and worth the splurge for a special occasion.
  • 1995 Chateau Simard St. Emmilion - ~$30. Good way to get a 12 year old bottle of Bordeaux for a reasonable price. Smooth and muted.
  • 2005 George Dubeuf Domain Des Quatres Vents Fleurie - ~$10. Very good Beaujolais, mellow and not too fruity.

3 comments:

mcmasty said...

The De Buef & St Emillion are indeed excellent choice and I like them as well. Have not tried the first one on the list, but will jot it down...

Anonymous said...

For good French wine is really important French wine region!

Rocket French said...

Great selection of French wines. Châteauneuf du Pape is the one I love :)

Cathy